- Theme :'Are you prepared for this change ?'
- Date :Saturday, April 25th, 2015, 2:00 - 4:30 p.m.
- Venue:Council Chamber, Markham Civic Centre
101 Town Centre Boulevard, Markham, Ontario L3R 9W3
- Curriculum Backdrop :Anda Li (10 min)
- Part A :Panelist view on new curriculum (45 min)
- Part B :Parent view on new curriculum (45 min)
- Part C :Panelist view on how to move forward (45 min)
- Mark Bloch (Thornhill Community Leader - ex school trustee candidate)
- Dr Ernest Cheng (Educator - Canadian Test Centre)
- Mirtha Coronel (Religious Leader - GTA reps of PEACE Ontario)
- Christina Liu (Parent Leader - Parent Alliance of Ontario)
- Rushan Para (Tamil Community Leader - ex school trustee candidate)
- Vidya Shah (Educator - Teacher Trainer)
- Sam Sotiropaulous (Parent Leader - My Child My Choice & ex-TDSB trustee)
- Rev Dominic Tse (Religious Leader - North York Chinese Community Church)
- Betty Wu (Sexual Health Educator)
- Maria Yau (Educational Researcher)
For detail of Ontario Sex Education Forum
Parents in Partnership: A Parent Engagement Policy in Ontario
Study has shown us that student achievement improves when parents play an active role in their children's education, and that good schools become even better schools when parents are involved.
Students are supported and inspired to learn in a culture of high expectations in which parents:
are welcomed, respected and valued by the school community as partners in their children's learning and development
have opportunities to be involved in the educational community to support student success
are engaged through ongoing communication and dialogue to support a positive learning environment at home and at school
are supported with information and tools necessary to participate in school life
York Region Parent Association
The purpose of the York Region Parent Association is to promote positive parent partnership and to provide a voice for parents of York Region.
The York Region Parent Association will represent the best interests of children and be the positive voice of parent members and non-parent stakeholders.